Interlaken Drive-in Test Center
Location: Jungfrau Park site (formerly Mystery Park), Matten bei Interlaken.
Opening hours: Monday – Friday: 4 p.m.–6 p.m./Saturday, Sunday, public holidays: 3 p.m.–5 p.m.
- PCR tests: The Interlaken Test Center only offers PCR tests (throat swab or saliva tests). You can choose your preferred test option on site and do not have to indicate this when registering online. Conditions for performing a saliva test: You must not eat, drink, brush your teeth, consume chewing gum or sweets, smoke or rinse your mouth one hour before the test. You will receive the result in 24 to 48 hours.
- PCR-certificate: A certificate is issued for self-pay (travel abroad, leisure activities or on behalf of the employer) only. Regulations federal government. The test costs CHF 154 and must be paid for at the Test Center. No cash payments will be accepted, only debit card, credit card or PostFinance card.
- Rapid antigen tests / rapid tests: At Interlaken Hospital, we ONLY offer rapid antigen tests and provide rapid tests. The rapid tests are free of charge for people who have not been fully vaccinated and for people who are considered to be recovering. Opening hours: Thursday – Saturday 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. in front of the emergency centre at Interlaken Hospital: online registration
- If you suspect an infection: Complete the FOPH Coronavirus Check or contact the FOPH, your GP or your pediatrician by telephone to find out whether you require a test.
- Registration for PCR tests: Online registration for the test is mandatory (see below). You may not attend the Test Center without an appointment. Appointments can be booked up to ten days in advance.
- Getting to the Junfrau Park site: You can travel to the Test Center by car (maximum height 2.20 m), bike or motorcycle and take your test in/on your vehicle. We recommend traveling by car.
- Please bring with you: A printed confirmation of your appointment, an official form of ID (ID card or passport) and a valid health insurance card.
Important information regarding online registration
During the online registration process, you will be asked to enter your personal details and various numbers from your health insurance card (fields 6, 7 and 8 on the back of your card, see picture). You will also be required to provide a cell phone number and an e-mail address.
Your registration details will be transmitted to an external laboratory that evaluates the COVID tests. The data will also be transmitted to external doctors who will contact you if your result is positive. By filling out the online application form, you confirm that you consent to this.
Everyone who wants to be tested must register online.
Location and directions
The Interlaken Drive-in Test Center is located on the Jungfrau Park (formerly Mystery Park) site in Matten bei Interlaken. Coming from either Leissigen or Brienz on the A8 motorway, take the Interlaken Ost exit (exit 26). Then follow the “P Expo” sign to reach the Test Center. The entrance is signposted.